A few days ago, I was blessed to be nominated for the “Awesome Blogger Award” by Mama’s Empty Nest. Thank you, Mama, so much! I’m so honored and so excited!
The award was started by Maggie at Dreaming Of Guatemala. In her words,
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
Here are the rules of the award, also from Maggie’s blog:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Include the reason behind the award.
3. Include the banner in your post.
4. Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
5. Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
6. Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
7. Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
8. Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
1. Why did you begin to blog?
I started blogging because I thought it would be a fun way to share my story and hopefully, inspire others! My dream is to be a novelist, so I thought starting a blog would be a good way to help me grow as a writer, too.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Gainesville, Florida! It’s one of my favorite places. That town holds so many memories for me, and being there makes me happy. I love the atmosphere, I love being surrounded by orange and blue, and I love how, when I’m there, my disability isn’t in the forefront of my mind. I always feel so accepted and comfortable there. Another dream of mine is to work in Florida’s athletic department, either as a journalist or in sports information. Going to Gainesville feels like going home.
3. Do you enjoy rain, and why or why not?
Yes! I love it. The sound of it hitting the roof is so calming and cathartic to me.
4. What aspect of your life would you change if you could?
I wouldn’t necessarily change the fact that I have a disability, but I do wish I could be a little more independent. I wish it didn’t have quite as much control over how I get around as it does, but I’m working on changing that. One of my goals this summer is to become stronger and more independent. I’m also going to work on walking with my crutches!
5. What is one food you just can’t resist?
Chicken wings! I love them. There’s a local wing restaurant in town that my family and I go to at least once a week, and we go in there so much that the waitresses know our orders.
6. Would you rather hold a hard-back, paper paged book in your hand to read or do you prefer an e-reader?
An actual book! I love the feeling of the pages between my fingers, and I love being able to see how far I’ve gotten into the book. It’s easier for me to connect with a story and its characters when I’m holding a book in my hands.
7. What genre of music is your favorite?
This is such a hard question to answer! Probably country, but I’ll listen to pretty much anything except rap and heavy metal. Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and Sam Hunt are my favorite artists, but I also love Journey. I’ve seen them in concert twice- they’re amazing! I love any song that has deep and meaningful lyrics.
8. What is the best feature of your best friend?
The way that she can always make me laugh, and she’s always there for me, no matter what’s going on or what time it is. She never minds having to help me, and that means absolutely the world to me. She drives a truck, and it never bothers her that she has to pick me up to help me get into it.
9. Have you ever had a dream come true, and what was it?
Yes!! Tim Tebow has been my inspiration since I was a little girl, and in 2015, he and his foundation granted me a W15H. It was such a magical weekend. I loved being able to just talk with him. He’s so kind, and he made me feel so special. He and his foundation mean absolutely the world to me! Tim posted this collage of us on his Instagram after we ate dinner together 😊
It’s beautiful! We’re at the lake, and the sun is shining and the water is gorgeous.
My nominees are:
Stephanie at Adventures of a Bibliophile
Alanna at Honestly Alanna
Alyssa at Tree Planted by the Living Water
Here are my questions for you:
1. What is your favorite season, and why?
2. Who is your inspiration?
3. Do you like sports? Why or why not?
4. Where did you go on your favorite vacation?
5. What is one book that you’ve read over and over?
6. What are five things you’re thankful for?
7. What do you like to do when you have a free day?
8. What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
9. What has made you smile today?
10. Where do you go when you want peace and quiet?
Mama, thank you again for the nomination! And if you read my blog, please know how much I appreciate you and how AWESOME I think you are!